Natural Gas Leak:
Natural gas is a mixture of hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon gases in porous rocks under the earth’s surface. Because natural gas is lighter than air, it dissipates quickly into the atmosphere, making accidental flaming difficult. It’s also tasteless, colourless, and non-toxic in its natural state. It is not a pure element like oxygen but rather a combination of gases, the explosive and heat-producing components of hydrocarbon gases.
Natural gas combustion is the heat-producing chemical interaction of oxygen with an explosive substance.
Here are possible sources of ignition:
- A lighted candle or a match stick with an exposed flame.
- Sparks of static electricity.
- Turn on the light.
- An electric appliance’s heating element or motor.
- While running or starting an internal combustion engine.
- Al transformer suspended from the ceiling.
- Sparks of friction
- A ringing doorbell, for example.