Skip to content
Safety Information For CNG:
- Always use a CNG kit and cylinder that have been approved. Using inferior cylinders and fittings is both unsafe and illegal.
- Installing an LPG, Propane, or any other cylinder in place of a CNG cylinder is not recommended. It is dangerous and illegal.
- It is recommended that the CNG kit, as well as the vehicle and accessories, be insured.
- Always park at least 6 metres away from potential ignition sources (fire).
- Always follow the operating instructions in the CNG kit's manual, and do not attempt troubleshooting on your own unless the manufacturer recommends it.
- In the CNG system, be aware of the placement and operation of the cylinder valve, master shut-off valve, and burst disc.
- Request that your mechanic identifies these components for you. It would be helpful in the event of a CNG leak in an emergency.
- Make sure the clamps are snug, and the cylinder is securely fastened.
- Ascertain that the cylinder valve is secure and that the valve wheel is in position.
- Ascertain that the gas tubing is in good condition and is adequately supported.
- Using soap solution, check for gas leaks from the kit.
In Case Of Gas Leakage Of CNG Kit:
- Remove yourself from the vehicle.
- Do not attempt to start the car. Push vehicles to an open area outside the station.
- Stop all activity in the area that could give a source of ignition, such as smoking, talking on the phone, and so on.
- To stop the leak, turn off the cylinder valve/master shut-off valve in the CNG system.
- To get the CNG kit retrofitted, contact a CNG kit retrofitter.
In Case Of Fire:
- Evacuate the vehicle and the area around it.
- Use the expertise of firefighting professionals - 101.
- Use water or fire extinguishers to put out the fire.
- Close the cylinder valve/master shut-off valve in the CNG system if possible to control gas leakage.
- CNG mode endorsement on the registration certificate.
- Hydro testing of the cylinder is required every three years, according to the Gas Cylinder Rules of 2004.
- The driver must have a certificate of CNG kit, fitness, and hydro test with him at all times.
- Keep the cylinder in good working order.
- The cylinder and valves do not need to be repaired. For the cylinder, no oil, grease, or lubrication should be used.
- The cylinder's colour should not be changed.